Monday, November 10, 2008

A new day

Well, I've finally gone and done it. So many people have been encouraging my blogging for so long, but it hasn't been a priority until now.

Why now? What is this blog about? Why should anyone bother to engage with it?

The election of Barack Obama is the reason why I've decided to start. Frankly, I'm inspired. His ability to create a grassroots movement that put him in the White House and, I believe, start our country on the road to our desired future demonstrated that people can and should be the change they want to see. I have always believed that if you aren't contributing to the solution, you are part of the problem.

This blog is my little corner of global advocacy in the areas where I am passionate: mainly global citizenship/sustainability, animal and child welfare, healthy living, and building cross-cultural bridges that help those who don't have a voice.

Why should you visit this blog and read my posts? Because if you care about the above issues as passionately as I do, I hope this can be a forum for information and idea exchange. Now is a great time for opportunity in this country, and I hope those of us who want to be the change we seek will continue to stand up and be heard - let's keep that post-election momentum going, and leave a world for our children of which we can be proud.

A great book that illustrates the forks in the road that will determine our global future:
http://www.gbn.com/ArticleDisplayServlet.srv?aid=31432

Until next time...

No comments: