Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blog-o-rama

Did you know that 50,000 new blogs are started every single day? Doesn't that just boggle your mind? What can all those people possibly have to say that others would want to read?

Et tu, Bonnie? you may say. Fair enough. But Arianna Huffington, during her guest appearance on the Jon Stewart show last night, had some advice for how to start your blog. Write about your "secret passion", she said. Apparently, hers is cheese. I can't say I'd be first in line to read that, although I do visit Huffingtonpost regularly. So follow her advice at your own discretion.

I did recently run across two blogs of note - very different from each other. The first is Paul Dunay's blog about the use of technology in B2B marketing. Very much up my alley, and if you are a marketer, I suggest you check it out: http://buzzmarketingfortech.blogspot.com/. Talking about passion, he seems to have it in spades, and responded immediately to my blog post, even though blogging is not his day job.

The other, http://blog.voluntourism.org/, is a blog associated with www.voluntourism.org - a site with which I have fallen in love. They are the central repository for anyone who has ever hoped to combine travel and volunteerism. If you fit into this category, I strongly suggest you take their quiz - very enlightening to help you choose what kind of trip might be right for you.

Some advice for the 50,000 people who are starting their own blogs today - unless you are the world's top producer of brie, please don't make it about cheese.

No comments: